Sunday, July 6, 2008

FABULOUS Week of the FOURTH!!!

We have had such an awesome, busy and fun week! This holiday is my favorite! This is going to be my longest post ever, which is kind of fitting seeing as this is my one year anniversary since my first blog post.

We went to the Children's parade on Saturday.
Brynn's favorite thing to do at the parade is to throw candy out to the viewers.

William kind of got a little overwhelmed and didn't want to keep riding his scooter, so we put him in the wagon with cousin Mitchell.





After the parade the whole family walked over to the Provo Bakery for some delicious donuts!

Right after that we packed up the car and drove to St. George for the weekend while Nana was in town from North Carolina.

We watched movies.
We went swimming.

We ate Popsicles.
Brynn picked flowers for us - she LOVES to do this.
William is his sweet swim diaper that looks like a speedo!
Bug/animal lover, Brynn caught a little lizard - she couldn't have been happier!
Nana is the best when she comes to visit, she is such a huge help and the kids love her to death!
We had a good time and we wiped the kids out, this is them sleeping on the drive home.
This is Sean texting while he is driving, the phone is glued to his hand at all times!

Her is another example of my little "Punky Brewster" although lately she is reminding me more of "Fancy Nancy." She just can't get enough of dressing herself and getting ready each day.

Here we are at Miranchito with just a few of some of my closest friends that I refer to as "the Girlz". Many of them were in town visiting so we got together to get caught up with each other!

Here we are at the Freedom Festivals Colonial Days. We ran into my dad there. He is the Executive Director of the whole Freedom Festival. So, I would like to say THANK YOU to him along with the hundreds of volunteers who do so much for all of us to enjoy and participate in for such a great holiday! This picture was actually taken by Mayor Billings - kind of funny.

Later that day we went to my next door neighbors house to swim for a few.

That night we had waffles with fruit and whip cream on them for dinner! Sean couldn't resist...
At one point this week I lied down for a quick power nap and Brynn came running to wake me up after she discovered what William had been up to. He is always into something!
Sean went with a couple of buddies up the canyon to go fishing the night before the 4Th.
One morning we went to the Balloon Festival. Sean and I ran there from our house and Nana drove the kids and met us there.





We went and ate at the Kiwanis's Club breakfast that they have there.

The morning of the 4Th most of my family ran in the Freedom Run. Sean was planning on it, but ended up driving the 4 wheeler to lead the 1 mile run instead. Afterwards we all met up at the parade!




My mom and dad drove along the parade route and stopped to say hello to all of us.

Sisters! Can you tell?!

Following the parade we went over the the Freedom Days.
On our way to the Stadium of Fire! Sean actually decided to stay home with William and have some friends over to watch fireworks from the house while the rest of us went to the Stadium.
We got to go to a Pre-Party with hook ups from my dad. It was really cool. We got to see everyone that was in the show, including Miley Cyrus and the Blue Man Group! This is my dad standing behind Miley just after he intoduded her to the group at the party and then Brynn is in the next picture standing right in front of the podium she is speaking at. It was exciting to be there!

My sister in law, Haley was one of the photographers for the Freedom Fest and she did all the photos during the private signging session of Miley. Pretty cool.
We got to meet the Blue Man Group.
Brynn and Nana.
Melody and Grammy.
Haley doing her thing down on the field.

Mel with Immaculee and my neice, Hope during the Stadium of Fire. She was one of the honorees of the festival. My sister read her book and is a big fan.

Brynn dancing around and having a good time.


The glasses were to show some special effects during the fireworks, but I was happy Brynn could have her eyes protected from all the ash raining down on us.

This is some of us at the Post-Show Party. Eating more food and at midnight, but hey it was free and yummy!


This was on our walk to the temple through the crazy traffic where we met up with Sean to get a ride home on the 4 wheeler.
Brynn had some pet butterfly's for a while until we decided to let them go!
Our celebration of the 4TH contiuned to the 5TH when we had a big family picnic at my parents house. The picnic is an annual tradition, along with home made ice cream and of course, our very own childrens parade!








After our picnic we went to Aaron and Haleys house because of the firework restirictions and we had our "couldesac of fire!"
It was a perfect way to end our very full and fun week of celebrating!

I feel so blessed to have the greatest family ever and that almost all of us live in Provo/Orem!
We missed you Brian and Brianne!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA! WE LOVE YOU!

15 comments:

lramey said...

holy crapmosis that was long- yippy ki-yeah!

k, could you BE ANY PRETTIER in those pictures before and during Stadium of Fire- holy hotness!!!!

I love all your pictures, and I love that you have blue and white, and red and white striped earrings.

Sad for me that even though this holiday is in my top 2, i was not feeling it this year....sad.....i didn't even watch fireworks at your house! I know, I know, bah humbug.

Max is super jealous that Brynn got to meet Miley, they might be in a fight.

love your freakin guts!

lramey said...

oh- and your hairs look long

Sabrina said...

Oh my gosh - I almost couldn't find the bottom of the post to leave a comment! You are a busy girl! Yep, your kids are crazy cute. I can't believe Brynn - she is such a little girl now. It's so fun to read your blog - now we just need to get together more often. We were actually at the Stadium of Fire too. I can't believe Brynn got to meet Miley - how fun for her! My kids are quite old enough to care and Rob and I are old enough not to care :)

hknight said...

Holy Cow Lady! That is one full and entertaining week! I'm glad that you had such a great holiday! I agree 100% with Lisa the pictures of you on stadium night are HOT! I can't belive how blonde your hair has gotten, Is that from the sun? :)

Megan R. said...

I am impressed, that was a long post. I love your blog you guys are always up to something fun. I will have to try all of that fun stuff you did next year. YOur kids are getting so big, it's crazy.

Shannon said...

I can't believe how much you pack in to a week! Looks like so much fun. It's such a great holiday.

Kiera said...

Oh my!!! That looks like it was a marathon 4th of July celebration for you guys!! How fun that you got to meet Miley and Blue Man Group. That picture of you and your sisters is CLASSIC!!! I happy we ran into each other. I hope to see you at playgroup this summer. : )

Croslands said...

That looks like so much fun. You have such great family and friends. I don't know how you make it thru the day with so much excitement. Do you ever sleep?

Mink News said...

you look sooo pretty! and I love your hair!
It was way fun hanging out with you guys tonight. That really cool your Dad is over the freedom festival. I love it, and I love this holiday too. Oh, and I really love your kids all decked out in their 4th of july gear for the children's parade, they couldn't look cuter!

Lori said...

I love seeing new posts Sum, you guys are always having lots of fun! Seeing your family too is always a plus. I agree with best holiday, especially in Provo. P.S. Brynn is gorgeous!

Sabra said...

What a fun busy week. It was super fun to see you today. I think you and your kids are beautiful. It is always fun to read your blog too.

mary said...

I love how involved you and your family are in everything!! You guys live life so fun! The children's parade pics are SO cute!! That is awesome that your dad is Mr. Freedom Festival, what a huge job! I love your long posts, you always have so much fun stuff to see. How cool to hang out with miley- every little girls dream :)

Emily Brimhall said...

That is a seriously fabulous Fourth weekend. You look fabulous too!:)

Unknown said...

Summer! It's Kristen (Lowe) Harris I just happened upon your blog. I still can't believe your in my ward in St. George! It was fun to see you:) I have a private blog but send me an email and I'll invite you. kristenlharris@mac.com

Jen said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I always think of you on the 4th cause I know it is one of your favorite holidays. I can't believe how much you did in one week.