Saturday, October 4, 2008

Family Vacation to California!!

We took a trip last week to California. We drove down so that we could pick up our furniture from our house in Las Vegas and while we were there I had to stop at the best Sushi place I have ever eaten! It is so yummy! This is a picture of Sean's favorite roll.

Then it was on to Huntington Beach where we stayed at Ben's Dad's house with Ben and Stephanie Gunn! Thank you for inviting us to come stay with you guys!!

So, I tried, but the pictures ended up out of order. We threw all the kids in the bath after long days at the beach. They were covered in sand!
I love clean kiddos in their Jammie's!
Sean grilled up some mean meat for us one night!
The kids spent a ton of time jumping off the life guard stand!


We walked to the beach in our Jammie's early in the morning before the fog burnt off.
I don't remember if Will has ever been to the beach before. He loved it, but he was kind of scared the water was going to "get him."

Easton and Will became buds!



Brynn could not get enough of the beach. She spent most of her time walking along the shore and collecting every single sea shell she could find!
Later in the day once the sun came out we headed back in our swimsuits to spend the day playing in the sand!

A baby seal came on shore and it was pretty cool.




I don't know who enjoyed the beach more - Sean or the kids!


Phoenix constantly had sand in his mouth, but it never seemed to bother him!








One night we went and ate at a yummy surf style Mexican joint.


William loves to eat!

One morning after running along the beach Ben and Steph took us to one of their favorite little Restaurants in Newport Beach. It had some dang good breakfast!
Ben loved just frolicking in the water!!!
Ben and Steph and Sean were brave enough to get in the cold water and hit the waves!





One night we stopped and took some pics as the sun was setting.



We spent one full day at Disney Land and had such a great time! I have to be honest and say that I love to be at Disneyland- it is one of my favorite places!






"Sean, wake up we are falling down Splash Mountain!"
The boys at Playhouse Disney.




Our favortie place to eat at Disney is actually at Downtown Disney at the Tortialla Jo's taco shop - it is delicious!!!
Waiting for the parade to start!
Sean was having the kids practice their 'arm bars' during the lines for the rides!


All and all we had a super time and we were happy the Gunn family let us tag along!

11 comments:

Karissa and Mik said...

what a fun trip! bryns dress is so cute! and i love the sunset pictures! how fun!

hknight said...

I love the beach pictures! You guys looked like you had SOOO much fun! Brynn's leapord suit is cute! My favorites are the bug eyes, and the goofy sunset pictures! I love Disneyland too! What a fun trip! Glad that you went and had fun!

Croslands said...

Oh that looks so fun. I'm a little jealous that you got to go to Disneyland. I love that place so much more now that I have children who can really have fun there.

My favorite pictures are the sunset ones. What a beautiful place to be.

The Farrell Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! You got some great pics!

lramey said...

you know i threw up in my mouth over that sushi picture, and that Brynn loves it so much....bleeeek!!!!!

but onto more happy times....what an awesome trip!!! I LOVE EVERY THING! the kids jumping off the lifeguard stand, the AWESOME pictures of Brynn running in the ocean- priceless!!!!! All covered by sand up to their necks, disneyland!!! oh the fun you got to have without us...sad face!that mexi food looked DELICIOUS!!!! peed my pants at ben's frolicking picture-that's hilarious! sunset pictures are beautiful. easton's face on splash mountain- sooo funny! wowsers!!!!!

let's go on a trip eh???

Jen said...

That looked like so much fun! I love California and Disneyland. It looks like you all had so much fun!!! Your kids are so cute!

Crazy Zumba Lady said...

there is not a greater place then Disneyland!! We are obsessed. We live 8 hrs away (in Thatcher, AZ) and this year we had to get season passes becasue we LOVE TO GO! What a fun trip!! your family is so darling!!!

Anonymous said...

wow- you guys never stop! How are you doing? Your family is darling! I love the pic of the 4 of you on the beach! I want to go to cali & disneyland so bad! Maybe next year!

Emily Brimhall said...

We did this last year at this time. I wish we could go again, it looks like you guys had so much fun.

6 P's in a Pod said...

Summer-I'm so glad you posted a comment on my blog so I could get to your blog and stalk you now too. VERY cute blog and VERY cute family you have!!

Janei'a said...

Looks like you had such a good time. I loved all the beach pictures! It makes me want to take a fun family vacation with my kids..