Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1/26/10

8:15am Protein Shake (250 Cal)
11am: Turkey Jerky (100 Cal)
2pm: Leftover Quiche (300 Cal)
6:30pm: Extra Lean Hamburger Patty with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado (450)

I have decided, hopefully not prematurely, that the reason this is going to work for me is because it is easy to let myself down, but I hate to let other people down!

I love this quiche, I could eat it every day and I feel like it is relatively healthy, so I will share the recipe with you!

Crustless Turkey and Spinach Quiche
3/4 c. cubed deli turkey
1/2 c chopped onion
1/8 t. pepper
3/4 c. shredded Swiss Cheese
1 c. spinach
1 c. fat free cottage cheese
1/2 c. evaporated fat free milk
1/4 c shredded fat free cheddar cheese
2 large egg whites
2 large eggs
1/2 c flour (I use whole wheat)
1 t. baking powder

Preheat oven to 350. Heat large skillet over med - high heat, spray with cooking spray. Add turkey, onion and pepper, and saute a few minutes until turkey is browned. Sprinkle 1/4 c. Swiss in a 9 inch pie pan coated with cooking spray. Top with Turkey mixture. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour egg mixture over turkey. Bake for 45 minutes. This is for 8 servings and each serving has 152 calories.

4 comments:

wendy said...

Geez summer! Is that enough calories? How did you feel today? Way to go! Day two is down! Let me konw if you want meal plans-I have a bunch just sitting here ready to email over-but if it is too much info all at once, I won't send them!

Meaja said...

Oh yummo, I'm so gonna try that recipe! Your honesty is rockin Summer... you're inspiring me already and I know I'm getting bigger by the day! ug.

Shannon said...

Sounds yummy, thanks! Your pot-pie recipe is one of our families very favorites!!

Unknown said...

And I will be making that!! Yum! Thanks for sharing!